SpiriTs' World Wrestling

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SpiriTs' World Wrestling

Forum of SWW of TWG.

+2
Metal Militia
Lord Nightmare
6 posters

Federation Announcement...

Lord Nightmare

Federation Announcement... Empty Federation Announcement...

Post  Lord Nightmare Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:19 am

The season is almost over. The new season will start on April 1.

Anybody who wishes to try their hand at being VGM please post a reply on this topic. Make sure that you have a decent grasp of the english language since this job requires lots of scriptwriting aside from a little careful planning in setting up the matches. Including a sample RP or story segment in your post would give us a better idea of your capabilities, so expect it to have an impact on whether or not you'll get selected to be a candidate.

Since it is the entire roster who will ultimately be affected by the decisions of the VGM, it is only fitting that it is the roster itself who will choose the new VGM. I'll ask permission from Yue if I can be allowed to put it to a vote. Should he allow it, I'll start a new topic where each member is allowed to post their vote once plus cite their reason (if any) why they chose that certain candidate.

The winner will be given access to the VGM menu during the season break. That should give him ample time to learn the commands and get the next show ready.

Don't worry. I'm not quitting the job yet. I'll still be around next season to show the new VGM the ropes. Hopefully by then, Yue will be back in action himself and can share in the workload.

That's all for now. Check in every now and then for further updates.

-----
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Federation Announcement... Empty Re: Federation Announcement...

Post  Metal Militia Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:45 am

I know I haven't been here long but I would be alright with that. English is my primary language and I think I'm a pretty good writer. I also have a lot of time to dedicate to the game. Really through what you've said throughout all of my questions I asked awhile ago you have given me a pretty good idea on what has to be done to keep the fed working. However, I understand the fact that I'm a noobie here so I understand you giving some one else the job. I'm just throwing my name out there as being willing.

EDIT: Also someday I wish to be a GM and this would look great on my resume
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:06 pm

It is ability and dedication that is important to get the job.

Remember, I wasn't long in the federation myself when Yue gave me the job.

-----
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Post  Metal Militia Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:38 pm

ya from the way it sounds it is a lot of trial and error. I'm a pretty fast learner so it shouldn't be that bad. You laid out a pretty good formula that some of the bigger feds had given you that might work pretty well
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Anyone else want to add their name to the list? The federation could use more manpower in scripting the shows.

We'll want at least two new VGMs to start the new season, assigning one to the Wednesday show and the other to the Saturday show. That way they'll each have a week to write the RPs and confirm the matches before starting work on the next one.

Many hands make lighter work.

-----
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Post  Metal Militia Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:30 pm

if for some reason my bid for VGM doesn't work out, I would gladly help with just writing stuff.
    acid

Post  acid Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:58 am

i would like to help out with this but i dont know if i will have the time due to the fact i work full time.
    Laz0r

Post  Laz0r Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:55 am

I think i can provide some decent assist as a VGM.Im still a student,so time isn't really a problem.However if you prefer somebody else for this position,i would have absolutely no problem.
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:11 am

As long as it doesn't interfere with your studies then I welcome your candidacy.

All aspiring VGMs should start practicing their punctuation though.

Please note that only the GM gets paid a salary (a meager one at that) from the game. VGMs don't get squat.

So do we have any other takers?

-----
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:27 pm

The season is nearly over. Last chance to apply for the job.

I'll be discussing storylines and schedules with the other VGMs at the start of the week. The season break is only until the first of April so we've got a lot of ground to cover and only ten days to do it in.

-----
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Post  Metal Militia Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:55 pm

how many VGMs can we have
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:38 pm

Supposedly as many as we want, according to some sources. But it would get a bit messy if we have too many VGMs.

I'd like at least one VGM supervising the Wednesday shows and another one on the Saturday shows. That way each VGM only has to work one show a week.

But both VGMs will have to work closely together since some storylines may and will overlap shows. The Faction Wars most especially.

Each wrestler will have his number of appearances divided among the two shows. That way there will be no "major" show and "minor" show in the federation. For example, King Con Carne (gotta love the entrances on that guy) has four appearances a month/season. Two of those will be on the Wednesday shows and two on the Saturday shows. I don't think either VGM will complain about that. Those with three appearances I will discuss with the new VGMs at a later date.

Anything else?

-----
    Laz0r

Post  Laz0r Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:54 am

i got a question.if a wrestler has a tern in his contact that he must be used AT LEAST 4 times in the shows,that means he can't be used for more than 4 times too?
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:40 am

Said wrestler can be used (given real matches) more than four times in a month.

For example, say Laz0r has 4 appearances left by the start of the new season.

He is given one match (a dark one) against Lord Nightmare (who also has 4 appearances) on the very first show of the month. He gets squashed and both of those wrestlers appearances are down to 3.

Seeing that both wrestlers lost a great amount of fans in that lopsided match, the sadistic VGM schedules them to another match (this time a televised one) during the second show. The results are the same, and now they are down to 2 matches.

The VGM, who seems to have a vendetta against either or both of them, schedules them again against each other. But this time, he is making them do two matches in a single night. So after the third show, both Laz0r and Lord Nightmare are now at 0 appearances. They should be safe now that they have no more appearances left.

Wrong.

Wanting to completely destroy these two, the evil VGM schedules them to yet another match on the next show. Their number of appearances left are now at -1.

So the tally goes:

Start of season: 4 appearances contracted
    After first show: 3 appearances left
    After second show: 2 appearances left
    After third show: 0 appearances left
    After fourth show: -1 appearances left

This can go on as many times as the VGM wants. He can even schedule one entire show (ten matches) comprising of nothing but Laz0r and Lord Nightmare fighting each other.

After fifth show: -11 appearances left (I don't think anyone's ever done this yet though)

End of example.

I mentioned somewhere (I think it was in the "numbers don't add up" topic) that during the first season, I've given MaSacRu an extra appearance during the PPV since he was scheduled to fight King Con Carne for the SWW heavyweight belt that night and had already run of out appearances during the elimination rounds. The season ended with him at -1 appearances left.

There is a possibility that going over the specified number of appearances will void the rewards (fans/popularity/cash) associated with those extra matches. It wasn't documented properly so I didn't see if it has any side-effects to it.

As a rule, I try to avoid such situations when I'm scheduling the shows. If the contract states that a wrestler has 3 appearances in a month then that's all I am going to give him. No more, no less.

Any other questions?

P.S. the opposite can also occur, with said wrestler given less than the specified amount of appearances.

-----
    Laz0r

Post  Laz0r Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:14 am

ok i got it
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Post  Metal Militia Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:29 am

evil vgm's.... I like the sound lol. The roster might think the new ones are evil because of inexperience and not that they are wrecking SWW on purpose lol
    Shane Brady
    Shane Brady

Post  Shane Brady Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:32 am

lol just go view roster to see closeness in level
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:37 am

At first I was going to use myself as the VGM in the example, but then I thought that it would be funnier to use an evil VGM instead.

I wonder if it's possible to have negative fan count.

-----
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Post  Metal Militia Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:41 am

ha ha the system accounts for haters maybe. I been gaining fans rather well. About 25 or more a show
    Shane Brady
    Shane Brady

Post  Shane Brady Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:44 am

lol
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:57 am

Metal Militia wrote:ha ha the system accounts for haters maybe. I been gaining fans rather well. About 25 or more a show

Here's a progress chart of Metal's fan count for March:

Mar. 02: 092 (Month starts)
    Mar. 05: 124 (+32 Dark match against Triple H)
    Mar. 09: 149 (+25 Dark match against Werefang-292)
    Mar. 12: 152 (+3 No real matches scheduled)
    Mar. 16: 173 (+21 Televised match against John Austin)
    Mar. 19: 212 (+39 Televised tag match with Werefang-292 against John Austin and Phenomen)
    Mar. 23: 213 (+1 No real matches scheduled)

These numbers include any fans earned from improving stats. New fans are awarded twenty-four hours after the show is aired.

-----
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:29 am

Just Metal Militia and Laz0r, huh?

Okay. Since only two people applied for the job then we'll have to utilize them both. I'll bring this up with Yue. If he doesn't have any objections to either of you, then expect to start work by April.

Each of you will be assigned to a show. That way you'll each only have to work once a week. Laz0r, having seniority in the fed, gets first pick. Metal will be assigned the other one.

Unless Yue changes our show schedule, the major show is on Wednesdays and the minor show on Saturdays. Both of them air at 23:55. I don't know if the game places any advantage on the major show but at our current set-up, the season-ender is going to fall on a Saturday (minor show).

The VGM menu (and I suspect the GM menu as well) is now locked up for the break. It should be open sometime before the weekend. Yue may want to give the new VGMs a trial run so it may be that he'll only enable the function to write segments first. These are where the RPs of the show get written into.

As of the PPV, all major storylines have been resolved with the exception of one. All members not involved in the Faction Wars are now free to start new feuds or continue existing ones. Make sure that the person you plan to feud with has stats close enough to yours. Otherwise all matches between you two will be fauxed and you'll instead be given dark matches against other wrestlers. On the other hand, a faux match/dark match setup could be a win-win situation for you since it grants you the creative freedom to challenge those stronger than you (televised) while protecting you from losing fans due to mismatches (behind the scenes).

We have two new members who are in MaSacRu and King Con Carne's league. I will talk with the new VGMs about pitting the four of them against one other. Jordz Hardy and Scotty 2 Hotty has informed me that they are actually brothers in real life. Maybe the same can be applied to their wrestlers as well.

For the Faction Wars storyline, some of the other wrestlers might get involved with either the SWW All-Stars or the Freakz. Metal Militia has been hinting at a possible feud with Laz0r and it can be done within that storyline. Both factions are recruiting members from the entire roster so don't be surprised if your wrestler gets approached with an invitation (from the Freakz) or an ultimatum (from the All-Stars).

We'll begin storyboarding the new season once I get a response from the new VGMs.

The actual matchups (the ones which earns you new fans) will be discussed at a later date. As much as possible we'll let the storylines decide the matches, not the other way around.

I will try to pass my notes to the other VGMs so they can see for themselves how I keep track of the wrestlers' numbers. They can either implement the same method of record keeping or invent a new one for themselves.

As I've stated in a previous post, the roster will NOT be split up into two seperate shows. Too much inequality and discrimination there. More importantly, limiting major storylines to just four shows a season will make it seem short and rushed. Large-scale feuds tend to stretch out for episode upon episode, building up tension for the viewers until finally culminating in a big fight at the end of the season. Four isn't going to cut it.

Instead, each individual wrestler's appearances will be divided among the two shows. When I get access to the VGM menu, I'll start checking how many appearances each member has and distribute them among the shows. That way, each VGM will get a chance to field the top-ranking members of the fed.

So that's two orders of King Con Carne for Laz0r and another two orders for Metal Militia as well. Would either of you care for a sidedish to go with your main course? A little ILTB aldy maybe?

Storylines will continue from Wednesday to Saturday and back again. The viewers get to watch what happens in Spirits World Wrestling twice a week.

I've got some work to do so this shall be all for now. Check the forums from time to time for new developments.

-----
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Post  Metal Militia Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:52 am

awesome can't wait to get started. I feel like I've got good teachers to help me out with the job ahead of me. I need to talk to laz0r about our feud but I need to talk to him to see how he wants to handle this. I'll PM him when I get back to school.

Once again thanks for the opportunity.
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:51 am

Can somebody challenge my invitation once? I want to test out a theory I have on rematches.

One challenge is all I need.

Thanks.

-----
    Titte_18

Post  Titte_18 Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:43 am

I challenged you

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:36 pm