SpiriTs' World Wrestling

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SpiriTs' World Wrestling

Forum of SWW of TWG.

Something I read in the game forums...

Lord Nightmare

Something I read in the game forums... Empty Something I read in the game forums...

Post  Lord Nightmare Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:33 am

I came upon an article about how a member of another fed and its VGMs got into a disagreement because the member wasn't put in any matches for over three shows. The VGM defends his decision by stating that the reason why said member wasn't scheduled into any matches is because he didn't post any RPs into their fed forum. The member counters by saying that he DID TOO post in the forums. The forum moderators cut the disagreement short, saying that any problems within the fed should stay in the fed forums.

Anyway, I just want to say that we won't be following the no-RP/no-match rule in our fed. Some of you might think that if you are not active in the forums and post gimmicks and RPs on a daily basis then you won't get put into a match. Well, that's not how we work in SWW.

Not everyone has the time to be creative. Not everyone has the time to even log into the game everyday. Not everybody has the time or ability to write up nice scripts about their wrestlers like the active members. But since they too placed their trust on the general manager and the federation, I will do everything in my power to make sure that everyone will be given their share of matches.

Some of those other feds haven't figured out how to use faux matches and dark matches to their show's advantage. We too would be having the same problem right now if Yue didn't tell me that we can faux matches. Some of you may not know this, but Yue came from one of the mondial feds before starting out on his own.

Which brings us to the new season, and a new way of doing things.

There are two parts to the show. One of them is especially made for the viewing public to see. They will cheer loudly while GreeniShh and Stewy Dew pound on each other with baseball bats. They will gasp in horror when Lord Nightmare finally gets his final curtain call when a trio of his mortal enemies impale him through the heart with a sharp iron pole. They will laugh in delight when ILTB aldy tries to use his voodoo on King Con Carne and find out that it doesn't work on someone that big before being chased off by Laz0r with a flamethrower. That is one part of the show.

The other part is what the show is really about: the numbers generated by the matchups. Increasing fans, generating money, leveling the fed up, etc. That happens behind the scenes. Matchups that have no story value whatsoever are held behind closed doors where the viewers have no chance of seeing them. No gimmicks here, no fancy storylines. Just two wrestlers going at it for the sole purpose of earning fans/popularity/fantaeuros.

We aren't like those other feds. We know how to use the best of both parts. Let the showmen of the roster perform the televised portion of the show. That's what the viewers came to see. Then after the public have all left and the arena is empty, that's when we'll have our real fights. Everybody gets their share. Money down and popularity on the line, with noone but ourselves and the game program watching. And after we have our dark matches, the game will compute the numbers and distribute them accordingly.

This may seem underhanded but it's not. It is how the game server works. It's not as underhanded as voting high for your friend's fed so he will vote high for yours in return. It's also not as underhanded as voting low on all the rival feds just to bring their score down.

All we are trying to do is put on a great show twice weekly and then make sure that everybody gets their numbers increased.

We are new but we are trying our best. To all of us in the roster who places our trust on Yue and his federation, good fortune to us all.

-----

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:13 am