SpiriTs' World Wrestling

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SpiriTs' World Wrestling

Forum of SWW of TWG.

2 posters

Last season, next season..

Lord Nightmare

Last season, next season.. Empty Last season, next season..

Post  Lord Nightmare Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:00 am

The last show of the season was held on February 14th. We expect the next season to start sometime a week later; with the first new show held on the 25th.

We had some difficulties in the previous season. The game doesn't allow a federation to host a show without at least thirty wrestlers in the roster. We missed two shows before finally getting the required minimum. As of this post, we have thirty-six members so we have more than enough people to qualify for the first show of the season.

We also missed the February 7th show. Yue was working on the show when his father fell ill. The family had to rush him to the hospital. By the time Yue could get back online, the federation has missed its scheduled show date. It was only the day after that I accepted a vice-GM post in the fed. The job is quite limited. The only things I am allowed to do are to set up the matches and write the RP segments of the show. The administrative and financial aspects of the federation still lie with Yue, but at least I can help ease the workload.

Speaking of the workload, most of it comes from coming up with catchy gimmicks and compelling storylines for the wrestlers. Yue has been asking each member of the roster to come up with his or her own gimmick to be used in the fed shows. Many of us had done so. Others went as far as to start up feuds by hitting just about anyone backstage. I applaud these people for their initiative and encourage them to keep doing so. However, bear in mind that there are some matchups (primarily the 'squash' kind) that wouldn't be beneficial to both participating parties and the fed would have to veto the idea. As much as possible, nobody should lose their hard-earned fans. (Note: Yue, I apologize again for the PPV.)

The new guys may wonder what I am apologizing for. It happened like this:

On the previous show (Feb. 14, 2009), we came up with a King-of-the-Ring style of tournament to determine who will be the SWW champion. We picked the eight wrestlers with the highest number of fans, scripting it to seem like the participants were chosen via online fan voting. These eight were then randomly matched up and the victor continued on to the next round. Yue may have been assigned to a squash because he actually lost fans from the show instead of gaining them. The federation vow to never again put realism in a storyline over coming up with equal-level matchups.

The fed has some ongoing feuds that Yue and I will look into. It is to make sure that none of them would result in lowering a participant's fanbase. Should anyone in the roster want to start a feud, please make sure that you and your rival are roughly the same statswise. It would be to your own benefit.

To those who have yet to submit their gimmick: whatever your reason for not posting anything about your wrestler yet (some of them haven't once even visited this forum), it's okay. The fed will still match you up with somebody so you'll still earn fans/popularity. There just wouldn't be any story about you in the show.

There are also the special cases. These players haven't posted anything about their wrestler yet, but they are assigned roles in upcoming federation storylines. And though they are not required to, they may post RPs in the forums concerning their characters. These will later be added into the storyline if appropriate.

So far the members who have storylines planned for them are:

Yue Ayame (He's the GM so it's a given)

Acid
    InSaN3<><>
    ILTB Aldy
    (These three will play a vital role at the start of the faction war storyline)

Moedty
    Trendkiller
    killerz
    Laz0r
    (Of these three, only Trendkiller has confirmed to the role. Killerz has left the fed and I still have to talk to Moedty and Laz0r if they will be willing to be in the storyline.)

MaSacRu
    King Con Carne
    (The King is the SWW champ. MaSacRu is one of the two members of the fed, the other being Yue, who is close enough statswise to challenge him. I may have to play on MaSacRu's gimmick to give him a faux fighting chance though.)

GreeniShh
    Stewy Dew
    (MaSacRu initiated the storyline. GreeniShh has yet to get even with the Dew, but that day is fast approaching.)

King papa smurf
    (I may have to give Laz0r a match just to give him closure. It may or may not be a faux depending on the differences in their stats.)

Snaga
    Amidamaru
    (It was Valentine's, and Snaga is the only girl in the fed. And Amidamaru gave enough of a fight to make it worthwhile. The storyline may or may not be extended depending on circumstances.)

Judas
    (He and Moedty will enter into a feud concerning why they weren't included in the tournament.)

Edu
    Triple H
    (They're not finished with each other yet. Until they finally settle who is the better wrestler, this feud will drag on for a while.)

Aside from having storylines written for them without any effort in their part, they have no other advantage over the other members in the roster. Everyone will get their share of matches/fans/popularity. Yue will make sure of that. I, on the other hand, will focus on crafting storylines that will make the viewers tune in day after day after day. Storyline is something the other feds don't even put any effort on, but we're trying to be better than those other feds so we'll go all out on this as well.

I shall post again in the future. Remember to check the forums every now and then.

Until next time.

------------
    Lord Nightmare

Last season, next season.. Empty Re: Last season, next season..

Post  Lord Nightmare Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:51 am

Yue has just recently signed us up for the new season.

I'm just waiting for the game to allow me access into the federation menu so I can set up the next matches. That is the only place where I can view the entire roster and each member's corresponding number of show appearances remaining.

To clarify this for the new guys, the show appearances I was referring to in the previous paragraph is the number of matches you will be assigned to in a month. Whether it is an untelevised dark match or not, you will still earn fans and popularity. Roleplay segments and faux (fake) matches do not count and will not earn fans or popularity.

-----
    I LIVE TO BEAT ALDY®

Last season, next season.. Empty good job Yue

Post  I LIVE TO BEAT ALDY® Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 am

I think Yue deserves a hand for her {or him im not sure} hard work on this fed! Very Happy LETS GIVE A HAND TO YUE! albino alien

CLAP! Exclamation
    I LIVE TO BEAT ALDY®

Post  I LIVE TO BEAT ALDY® Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:37 am

and to all the other people who helped! e.g. lord nightmare
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Update on the storylines:

Moedty has agreed to the role I have planned for him. After his short feud with Judas, they will go their seperate storylines and Moedty will start the feud with Lord Nightmare. Trendkiller will later enter the feud as well as InSaN3<><>.

We would also like to welcome back killerz. For the meantime, I will schedule him in dark matches until InSaN3's feud with Lord Nightmare is concluded. Killerz will then step in to continue a small sidestory against InSaN3 that Yue came up with in the very first show.

To all wrestlers concerned:

The televised show will be heavily edited to allow for the smooth continuity of the storylines. Some matches may be fauxed, and the conclusions may be changed to generate the expected viewer response to specific story wrestlers. The game results however, cannot be changed no matter how much the script is edited. That being said, I will post the REAL results of each REAL match of the show (untelevised or otherwise) on the federation forums. Check after every show to see if your wrestler just had a dark match.

One last thing:

I recently got in touch with the VGM of one of the top ranking feds in the game and asked for her (I think it's a her) advice on how to set up good matches. She told me to compare Wrestler Scores and match them up accordingly. I will do so for this next show.

Until next time.

-----

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:43 pm